Amid reports saying that ‘Red Knights’ a group of wealthy Manchester United fans, notably Jim O’Neill, the chief economist at Goldman Sachs and a friend of Sir Alex Ferguson. As Red Knights and Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) forming a strong allies to force Manchester United current owners Glazer’s family. despite all the fuss about the ownership of Manchester United it had been suggested that Sir Alex Ferguson will have at his disposal a £80 million to add much-needed enforcement for The Old Trafford team.
So which players could be possible targets for Sir Alex Ferguson next summer to spend on the claimed £80 millions allocated?
First a brief analysis of current Manchester United squad for 2009-10 season:
A close look to Man Utd squad will give us the following hint…
- Key players near the end of professional football career (Paul Scholes – Ryan Giggs – Gary Neville – Edwin van der Sar),
- Players with injuries history (Michael Owen – Rio Ferdinand – Owen Hargreaves),
- Players labelled as flops or inconsistent performers (Anderson – Nani – Dimitar Berbatov – Tomasz Kuszczak – Ben Foster),
- Players with big chance to leave for big money move (Nemanja Vidić),
- Promising young players (Rafael – Jonny Evans – Darron Gibson – Federico Macheda – Mame Biram Diouf – Obertan),
- Squad players (John O’Shea – Wes Brown – Ji-Sung Park), and
- Players at their prime time to deliver (Wayne Rooney – Luis Antonio Valencia – Darren Fletcher – Michael Carrick – Patrice Evrá)
So the main areas Sir Alex Ferguson could be willing to strength are: top class Goalkeeper, Striker to partner Rooney and share goal scoring burden, central defender if Vidic leave, and maybe a versatile attacking midfielder.
Who do you think Alex Ferguson’s targets for next summer???
Can’t wait to hear from you……..