Rafa Benitez already feeling the heat of 2009-2010 season after suffering their second defeat in the Premier League in three matches only….
Yesterday Liverpool lost 1-3 at home to Aston Villa, statistically speaking this is the second lose in three games total of 2009-2010 season and their first home defeat since December 2007 (about 32 games). So Benitez anger should be understandable, the Spanish tactician pointed the blame on his senior players for Aston Villa lost as they done series of mistakes led to the result.
Chelsea has 9 out of 9, Arsenal 6 out of 6 points, Tottenham, Manchester City, and Manchester United all already outran Liverpool, plus what the observers claiming that Liverpool squad lack the proper depth to compete for this season Premier League title.
Liverpoot did three major transfers acquisitions were: Glen Johnson – Aquilani – Kyrgiakos while they lost the influential midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Liverpool Premier League record so far:
|1st match day||Tottenham||Liverpool||
|2nd match day||Liverpool||Stoke City||
|3rd match day||Liverpool||Aston Villa||
Liverpool main dis-advantages:
- not enough quality for the wing-backs (with Johnson exception Degen – Aurelio – Insua – Dossena are far from impress)
- Is Aquilani good enough to replace Xabi Alonso
- An alternative for Fernando Torres if he get injured
- Growing list of flop players that they must prove the opposite (Bable – Lucas – Dossena – Degen – Voronin)
- This season should be the most fierce competition season ever (Traditional force: Man United – Chelsea – Arsenal) (Potential new comers: Tottenham – Aston Villa – Man City – Everton)
Now the debate will grow over Liverpool ability to do the impossible and win the Premier League, and again Rafa didn’t get the financial backing he needs to add more options like a good solid winger for on the right so he can deploy Kuyt as forward.